ROLL: Check in in CHAT with a sentence about Ponyboy that has the word because in it!
What “day” is it in this class?
Go over homework. Let’s talk PERFECTION!
Debrief Test #3.
The Levitating Comma! The Apostrophe!
Question: What are the three uses for apostrophes? Answer in chat.
- Contractions: is + not = isn’t (Takes the place of a letter.)
- Possession: The book of Joe = Joe’s book
- Pluralize letters and words used as words: All A’s on my report card. 1’s and 0’s.
“Apostrophes, 10/7 (10/8).”
Copy only the bold-faced, underlined part. Write the correct form of the word for each blank. You might have to pluralize and/or possessify. YOU get ONE S.
- The _____ car is equipped with laser cannons. (spy)
- _____ going to the store for llama cheese. (they)
- _____ going with them? (who)
- All the ____ clothing is on the second floor. (woman)
- We have three _____ in the class. (Jesus)
- “_____ all go to the lobby!” (Let)
- All the _____ costumes were hilarious. (more than one lady)
- Try not to use too many ____ in your essay. It gets repetitive. (and)
The Outsiders aloud! p30 —>