MAKE A NEW KBARR CHART. Post to the NEW FORUM. Send a pic of your KBARR CHART for 10/5-10/9.
Warm Up/Check-in in CHAT: Type the following sentence correctly, fixing any and all errors,
BUT DO NOT HIT ENTER UNTIL I TELL YOU TO!
my favorite rock and roll album by the band funky cheeselog is called twerking penguin
Use < > for Underlining/Italics.
I will be checking Definitions! Make sure you got two for patronize!
NO SGI TODAY (FRIDAY, 10/9). Work on SMYK’s or KBARR!
Title in Notebook: “Vocab, 10/9 (10/12).”
Instructions: Choose the correct vocab word for each. You will not use them all, and you might use some more than once.
- buy : sell :: boycott : ____
- legitimate : illicit :: combined : ____
- The teacher tried to ____ the correct response from the students by giving hints.
- This word literally means “discovered speechless.” ______
- I did not want to be ___(ed); I felt I was savvy enough to make my own decisions.
- I was _____ to tell the teacher about the cheating I saw, because the person was my friend.
- I am never going to ____ that store again after they were so rude to me.
- Bonus for +1: Pairs of words like discrete and discreet are called _________.
Title in Notebook: “Apostrophes, 10/9 (10/12).”
Instructions: COPY the boldfaced, underlined parts. Pluralize and/or possessify. REMEMBER: You get ONE “S”!
- She’s sure ____ all right. (it)
- My friend _____ goal is to become an astronaut. (Maria)
- _____ bright idea was this? (who)
- It was every single _____ nightmare. (student)
- The llama wagged ____ tail. (it)
- All the ____ clothing is on the second floor. (more than one man)
- All the _____ uniforms were new. (player)
- The best era for music was the ____. (70)
The Outsiders aloud, p39 —>