“Husker Du, 3/21.” First Period, Test #6.
- My mom said my argument was not ______(ly) ______… a) impact/valid b) potential/sufficient c) demonstrate/considerable d) sufficient/valid e) sufficient/skimpy
- …and I did not ______ the need for a new game system, so I was denied. a) considerable b) demonstrate c) valid d) sufficient e) NOTA
- Months may pass between attacks, but when they do occur, they are violent. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- There are shells all over the beach, let’s collect some! a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- The ______ sets our story, or plot, in motion. a) climax b) inciting action c) exposition d) rising action e) climax
“Husker Du, 3/21.” Second Period, Test #1.
- Jimmy nodded his head ____(ly), and said, “It would have been wiser to have someone pick you up.” a) sage b) conform c) infer d) bleak e) fathom f) NOTA
- “It’s just because you’re the baby–I mean he loves you a lot. Do you ____?” a) sage b) savvy c) gingerly d) conform e) connotation f) NOTA
- pain : pleasure :: confusion : ____ a) sage b) savvy c) infer d) rueful e) conform f) NOTA
- Even though their _____ are similar, the words nosy and curious have very different _____. a) connotations/denotations b) denotations/connotations.
- I’m a good bowler, and my ball has pretty flowers on it. a) good – adjective, pretty – not b) good – not, pretty – adjective c) both adjectives d) both not
“Husker Du, 3/21.” Third Period, Test #13.
- Unless you leave Laguna with some good reading skills, you will _____ in high school. a) meander b) bustle c) ample d) deceit e) NOTA
- During the Midwife’s affair with the baker, there was a(n) ______ of bread in the cottage. a) ample b) efficacy c) revelry d) glutton e) bounty f) NOTA
- I know Pedro quite well. _____, Pedro happens to be my best friend. a) nevertheless b) as a result c) meanwhile d) still e) NOTA
- Are there political or corporate biases? a) Currency b) Relevance c) Authority d) Accuracy e) Purpose
- Why was Magister Reese watching Alyce at first? a) Because she was pretty. b) Because he wondered why she was so gloomy. c) Because of the way the cat hung around her. d) He’s just weird. e) NOTA
“Husker Du, 3/21.” Period Six, Test #14.
- She tried to _____ the situation by apologizing to her friend. a) scowl b) begrudg c) content d) devour e) remedy f) NOTA
- The medication seems effective. _____, more research must be done to see if it’s safe. a) But b) Although c) Nevertheless d) So e) NOTA
- _____, it’s best to avoid it. a) Although b) However c) Meanwhile d) Until then e) So
- The part of the story where the midwife won’t take her back. a) climax b) rising action c) falling action d) resolution e) exposition
- A paradox is… a) two doctors. b) a time travel thing c) a contradiction d) a contraption e) NOTA
5. “For the first time, Jonas saw a little ____ of hope.”
6. Many amputees say they still feel pain and itching in the missing limbs from time to time. This is called _____ pain.
7. Since he was at the movies with his friend at the time of the crime, he had a(n) _____, so he was released.
8. Much to the store owner’s _____, his political beliefs made customers avoid his place.
9. The drama class put on a _____ with a ’70s theme.
10. The lifeguard’s (previous vocab word-ance) ______(ed) for just a couple minutes, and a kid was hurt.
11. Jonas became _____(ful) of the burden he had to bear, and just wanted his childhood back.
12. As more people moved to the city, it began to ______ out into the nearby farmland.
“Giver Quiz – Chapter 22.”
- (3) Name three of the things Jonas encountered in chapter 22 that showed he was really outside the Community.
- What was the most “relentless” of Jonas’s new fears? ________
- Where are we in the story? a) exposition b) rising action c) climax d) falling action e) resolution f) NOTA
Dah Movie Givah.
Does the “sledding” scene add or detract from the story? Why?