“Husker Du, Period 1, Test #12.” a) begrudge b) metamorphosis c) transfixed d) scapegoat e) surfeit f) attribute g) instill h) optimistic i) pessimistic j) colloquial
- 2. In professional sports, the coach is often the _______for a team’s bad performance, even if it isn’t always his fault.
- 9. The root of this word means shape or form: _____
- 10. The hill with the M on it is known _____(ly) as Madonna Mountain, but its real name is Cerro San Luis.
- 28. The upstairs library is a great place to quietly study. Adjectives? a) upstairs b) great, quietly c) upstairs, great, quietly d) upstairs, great e) NOTA
- 29. you: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
“Husker Du, Period 2. Test #4.” a) dogged b) indignant c) conducive d) wistful e) implore f) subside g) acquit h) leery i) gorge j) bluff
- 1. fear : panic :: ask : _____
- 2. I was _____ when Dad blamed me for breaking the lamp instead of my sister.
- 3. Pony was _____ when he thought of what life was like when his parents were alive.
- 5. I waited until Mom’s anger ___(ed), and then asked for forgiveness.
- 6. I tried to ______ my way out of trouble, but Mom wasn’t buying my excuses.
“Husker Du, Period 5, Test #10.” a) intrigue b) benevolent c) apprehensive d) wheedle e) sift f) transgression g) aghast h) ebb i) nondescript j) enhance
- 3. The new landscaping in front of the house really ________(ed) its value.
- 4. I found your story _______(ing), but finally unbelievable.
- 5. Genevieve’s wardrobe was rather ______ and boring until she went on the showWhat Not to Wear.
- 6. “Why don’t you get a job?” asked Steve. “What?” Two-Bit was _______ “And ruin my rep?”
- 7. Ponyboy was ________ about appearing in juvenile court. He was worried the family would be separated.
“Husker Du, Period 6, Test#21.” a) infringe b) exasperate c) unscrupulous d) reprieve e) profound f) indolent g) conspicuous h) tentative i) haphazard j) relinquish
- During the summer, without something to do, some kids can get very _____ and end up not doing much of anything.
- After she fell, she got up and tested her leg _____(ly) to see if it would support her weight.
- She was always very _____ about her work. That’s why she got A’s.
- Many rappers “sing” the praises of “bling” and _____ consumption.
- He soon found that studying for the test would have a _____ (positive) impact on his grade! OMG!
“Giver 21-22.” (7p)
- What rule did Jonas break? a) Leaving the dwellingat night. b) Taking food from the Community. c) Taking hisfather’s bicycle. d) All of the above. e) None of them; he’sthe Receiver-in-Training, he can do what he wants.
- Gabriel does not handle the journey very well. a) True b) False
- Jonas transmits memories of _____ to keep the planes from seeing them. a) blindness b) camouflage c) snow d) sunshine e) color f) NOTA
- What was the most “relentless of Jonas’s fears” on his journey with Gabe?
- What memory from his own childhood comes back to him when things get rough?
- (2) What were two things Jonas had experienced in the memories that weren’t nearly as good in real life?
What is very different about the EXPOSITION in the movie versus the book? How does that affect the story and how you perceive it?
“Vocab, 3/6.” Each used once except phantom.