Tomorrow’s Test: NVAA, Vocab, Plot, Outsiders, Library, Husker Du.
“NVAA, 9/15.” (10p)
Homer stupidly hit his very fat head on the corner of the table with a loud thunk.
- fear : panic :: ask : _____
- Johnny persisted ____(ly) in asking about his parents.
- The students ____(ed) the teacher to go easy on them. “Please?” they begged.
- My parents were a little _____ about the crowd I was hanging out with.
- A good attitude is very ____ to doing well in school.
- “You’re hungry?” he said _____(ly), “I’m the one who hasn’t eaten all day!”
- A savvy person is usually more ____ than a credulous one.
- The jury voted to ______ because the evidence was not sufficient to find him guilty.
VOCABULARY RELAY! Can anyone beat Period Three?!
PLOT. Copy into your notebook!
- The 5 W’s (who, what, when, where, why) is usually given to us during the ______ of the story.
- “And they lived happily ever after,” would be the _____ of a fairy tale.
- The scene in the novel where Pony tells Cherry (and us) about Johnny getting jumped is in the ______ of the story…
- …and it also illustrates main ____ of the story.
- Johnny stabbing Bob would be the _______ of the story.
- We are now in the _____ of the story.
As we correct, write the answers on the diagram. You may use this cheat sheet on the test tomorrow.