Prep sheet for Test #29. Reload the test; there are a lot of changes!
Gramma: ___/12 ___/10 ___/10 Tom Sawyer: ___/5 ___/10 TSSQ:___/15
Vocab h/w: ___/20 Vocab Practice: ___/12 ___/11
Other Extra Credit: Periods 5 and 6 get +3 for vocab relay, Periods 1 and 2 get +1.
- What sort of story begins with a limb and ends with a finish?
- Two men got lost while exploring in the desert. Each man had a compass. One headed due East, and the other headed due West. Two hours later, they met. How?
- Fill in the blanks with four words, such that the first and the fourth are the same, while the second and the third are homonyms. A prison guard ______ ______, and a jeweler ______ ______. (A jeweler also fixes and sells clocks and watches and reading glasses and stuff like that.)
- There was a road around a circular lake. A man and his brother each started in the same place and drove around the lake at exactly the same speed, but in opposite directions. The first brother went clockwise around the lake at 40 mph, and the trip took him an hour and 20 minutes. The second brother went counterclockwise around the lake–also at exactly 40 mph–but his trip only took him 80 minutes. Each traveled exactly the same distance: 53.33 miles. How is that possible?
- A man asks his two sons to do a chore. When they finish, he gives them twenty five cents to split. What time is it? (haha)
- Tom Sawyer Anagrams:
a) Tall Pun Yo b) Hamsters Cool (Technically a title, not a name.) c) Put Off Term
Test #29. Doodle Theme: The House of the Future!
ALERT: #20 has no answer, so CHOOSE A