Tomorrow’s Test: Commas, Vocab, Vladek.
“Commas, 2/22.” Put ’em where they go. If the sentence doesn’t need any commas, write OK.
- There was no question that the llama’s painting a huge colorful and ugly mural was the worst entry in the art exhibit.
- The llama was safe enough wasn’t it?
- Llamas which are lighter than water rise to the surface.
- The uninvited llama wore a bright white furry suit.
- As the llama goddess she regulated the course of the heavenly bodies and controlled the alternating seasons.
- Llamas that don’t wear hats are illegal in some cities.
- Some llamas refuse to go to the zoo because of pity for creatures that must live in small cages.
- The llama was born on May 7 1955 and his best friend was born exactly two months later on July 7 1955.
- After he missed the tying field goal, the kicker was _____ for days.
- When the little girl gets tired, she gets ____, and pouts about everything. (Not dejected.)
- The light in the room didn’t seem to come from any one source; it just sort of ______(ed) the walls, casting a soft glow.
- She is usually very ______ and lazy on very hot days.
- It is taking us awhile to ______ the concepts of compound and complex sentences.
- By definition, a meme is ______.
- (2) When your sadness is _____(ed), your soul has found ___. (Awww.)